Alrewas parish Council

Alrewas Parish Council

Village Development

Alrewas in 1810

The archive map below shows Alrewas as it was in 1810, consisting of a cluster of houses around what is today the historic centre of the village.

The land which today comprises the larger part of the village was then fields and farms, and the cotton mill which still stands today, converted into housing, can be seen to the north west of the community.

1963 Aerial Survey

In June of 1963 an aerial survey was carried out, covering the Lichfield district.

Below are the photos taken of Alrewas that day; Micklehome Drive was under construction and the land to the south of Somerville Road and Daisy Lane was still fields, as was the land around the old British Legion which is now Deepmore Close, Poppy Gardens and Burway Meadow.

All Saints Primary School had not yet been built, nor had the housing estates of Walkfield Road, Chaseview Road and Churchill Crescent.

Click on the images to view larger versions.

Alrewas North West June 1963
Alrewas North West June 1963
Alrewas North East June 1963
Alrewas North East June 1963
Alrewas South West June 1963
Alrewas South West June 1963
Alrewas South East June 1963
Alrewas South East June 1963

Alrewas in 2017

The satellite image below shows present-day Alrewas, bounded to the South by the A513 bypass and to the East by the A38 trunk road.

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION | PRIVACY POLICY | SITEMAP

©2018 Alrewas Parish Council. All Rights Reserved